Saturday, April 25, 2009

When I lack sleep...

I write a blog. What a day, what a day. Sometimes I find myself in a deep, contemplative state of mind. Like, where are all of them? What are they doing? What's the plan? Not the plan for a night out...but the ultimate plan, the bigger picture. 3.22 am, and the same people are still in the same spot, on the same block...doing the same thing. 15 hours doing nothing. Can't blame them, can't blame me...is there anyone to blame, really? Complacency. Hmmm, when is the right time to make moves? My answer to that question is simple...it's always time to make moves. It's always time to inspire, create, dream and continue to keep our eye on the prize. I learned a long time ago not to have any expectations of any one thing or person. You only wind up being disappointed in the end. However, I don't see this as negativity; it's my reality. I'm not only motivated for me, but everyone else that is involved in my life...and those that I'm not even aware of. Worked hard all day, to come back home and work some more. I do this for those that I know need me. We're doing a photo shoot with Khadija, Tasia and Shane today...can't wait. It's great to have youth involved. They only inspire us to continue to create. This venture means so much more to us than a dollar. It means that we can help those who may not necessarily be able to help themselves. Our families need us. After all of the hard work, setbacks, sacrifice, and drama (a lot of it was mine, I admit), it finally looks like it's coming together. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to go out and celebrate just yet. I'm going to continue to grind and keep plugging in. I know that my words won't fall upon deaf ears. Good night, my loves...I'll see you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment