Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Conversations about Swine Flu...H1N1

Yes, we've all been hearing about this lately, so you know that conversations about the Swine flu are crazy right about now. I went to work the other night, and Jessica made sure to let us know that she brought Purell for us. I laughed when Paolo said that at the rate New York is going, people need to worry more about herpes than Swine flu. True...

Dug sent me an e-mail...Swine flu Outbreak in U.S. SARS mask available @ goaheadbedifferent.com. Haha, very funny. I send a reply: yeah, I have a couple of people in mind that we should customize one for..

I go outside, put my headphones on, and begin my walk to the subway. Uh oh, people are sneezing everywere around me...and coughing. Cover your mouth. Now, I start sneezing. Do I have swine flu? I think I should really take into consideration that the weather has just broken, and pollen is running rampant in the air. Maybe that can be a factor in everyone around me sneezing...allergies.

I do a little research on the internet about this "pandemic"...

Swine flu cannot be contracted through consumption of pork products, though it can be transmitted through contact with a pig. Ok, check. Don't eat pork, and as far as I'm aware, we haven't come into contact with any pigs lately, except the cops. Then, I switch over to Wikipedia and dig a little deeper. Now they're saying that it's actually a string of flus that can be transmitting this virus. North American Swine flu influenza, North American avian influenza, human influenza, and swine influenza. What? Okay, make up your mind news. I'm confused by the contradiction. One day, it's all good...the next, it's time to buy a mask.

I should've known. That's usually the way they roll. I sometimes feel like it's all a ploy to stimulate the economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment