Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ummi says...a thank you to Ms. Rabiah

I love my mother in law, whom we call Ummi. I feel as though in the midst of everything that is taking place, and us thanking everyone for their help in getting this site launched, I really owe her a lot more than this blog. But it's a start. So, to you, Ms. Rabiah, thank you...

Thank you for the sacrifices that you've made, not just for us, but to your whole family, and those that I don't even know of. Thank you for allowing us to have a friendship outside of your son's and my relationship. Thank you for being the shoulder to cry on, and the mediator when emotions got out of hand. Thank you for the messages of wisdom. Thank you for the e-mails and phone calls. Thank you for always encouraging us to be creative and to stay motivated and focused. Thank you for being the epitome of what a strong, Black woman represents. You remind me of Alice Walker. Thank you for all of the photos and the love. Thank you for trusting that we could make our own decisions. Thank you for being you, and defining exactly what determination, perseverance, and dedication truly mean. I love you....

No comments:

Post a Comment