Monday, May 4, 2009

Reflections...a note to my "Emcee"

Oh, how long it's been...
Since I've reflected on how this all began...
How something so safe became my familiar.
Like, the perfect setting for the meeting of our minds...
Or, how you found me just in time...
Baring my soul...
While you deciphered my rhymes...
And read between the lines...
Knowing that you would win my heart with patience.
As I...
Untangled myself from the deceitful web that was woven...
Playing fair...
Fragile heart, strong mind...
Trying to find love in all the wrong places...
Faces with no names...
Were all the same...
I found one exception to that rule.
Or,
How we made dreams become reality...
Despite being in the midst of tragedy...
Travesty...
Love so deep that even the blind can see...
The depths of you and me.
Or,
Those times that I questioned
If I was prepared for another test...
And,
Another lesson...
In this game that I called love...
'Cause I was tired of questioning...
The fact from the fiction.
Trusting that you would make the right decision...
As you listened to the mission...
Of a poetess...
Not in a dress...
Who refused to accept anything less...
But true context...between the best.
Deciphering my code...
Understanding my aggression...
Only wanting,
Wishing...
Praying...
That someone would relieve me of my...
Ambiguity.
The chaos...
The pain..
That raged inside of me.
Lost souls desire to be free...
Apprehensive to fall in love...
Knowing how easy it would be to lose that...
Though the fact still remains...
That we have a destiny.
Tangible dreams...
If I only allowed me...
Myself,
To unlearn those lessons...
Stop questioning...
And grant you nothing less than my full attention.
I found peace of mind...
In between the lines
of your scripture...
Painting the bigger picture...
With intricately placed brushstrokes
On a blank canvas...
Mass of colors that I'd never noticed...
Before you...
I only saw black and white...
On my abstract painting that I called...
"The Game of Life"...
Willing to be my saving grace...
At a time and place that I needed it...
Since I was too preoccupied saving everyone else first.

And then I continue reflecting....
On life's mission.
Thanking the most high for bringing us back together...
Knowing that we're only getting better...

And, how they didn't want us to be together...
Thought they'd be clever...
And come up with some bullshit...
Whatever...
Lies that they could conjure up...
A twisted scheme...
Attempting to block this team...
You and me...
From making dreams become reality.

Meanwhile, we were devising our own equation...
To reach our final destination.

Despite homelessness,
I found comfort and warmth on your chest...
And knew that if I trusted faith...
The impact that we could make...
And how...
True love like this can never be replaced.

A simple chapter in a complex book..
Took me a while to realize that...
You've raised the bar
For those other cats...
Who did me like that.
Those other "chicks" in your past...
Are exactly that...
Your past.
Now we're in the present...
The gift...
We're back...
Fighting for this mission...
This vision...
Only hope is that they're listening...
To this Organik testament.

No comments:

Post a Comment