Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Am I pretty now?

I'm getting a little tired of people's suggestion that I should buy myself a rack. So, my best defense is a blog...

"Ang, have you ever thought of getting breast implants? Then, you'd be hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No, I have never thought about breast implants. Of course, when I was a little girl, I'd steal my sister's bras and stuff them with toilet paper. I never perfected that craft. All I wound up with is a crinkly, lopsided chest...and about a roll of wasted toilet paper. Truly, as far as plastic surgery is concerned, it's not really that appealing to me. No, I will not sit here and knock those that choose to partake in "cosmetic enhancements", but I find myself always questioning why they make that choice in the first place. My mom and dad always pounded into my head that true beauty exudes from the soul...so work on that first. Secondly, I've seen so many "pretty" people become the victims of tragic accidents, where in the blink of an eye, that pretty face that they banked on having forever became mauled. My mom and I used to have conversations about this when I was a teenager. I went to a high school where girls were getting nose jobs at 14 years old. You know, trying to disguise it during winter, spring or summer break. 14 years old and plastic surgery? Whose idea was that, and how in the hell is it justified?

I don't get mad because people have opinions. Honestly, I think that great conversations begin through people truly and honestly communicating about what they believe in. However, I do get irritated and uncomfortable when those that don't even know me make a suggestion about how I can better flaunt my body. Those that truly know me are aware of who I really am...and I'm quite sick of those that know absolutely nothing about me feel as though they can tell me what my long term superficial goals should be. I like to think a little deeper than that. I'd rather help fund a child's education, as opposed to spending thousands of dollars on lip injections, botox, tits, ass, calf implants, eye lifts, brow lifts, etc. I work in restaurants, so I hear a lot of conversations about this. I hear conversations on the train...on the street...on the news...EVERYWHERE I GO. So consumed with the exterior, and wonder why after all of the plastic surgery, they're still not happy. Look within. Deep within. I personally don't want any foreign objects in my body floating around. What I've got gets the job done. Plus, as I like to say, hopefully small breasts age better.

Not to say that I don't care about looking my best. I just choose to work with what I've got, and not worry about what people think...just be happy with who I am and continue to keep it moving.

1 comment:

  1. You've said it all and KUDOS to u. This a superficial BS society we live in. They have no faith and trust in the creator. As if to say this is what you gave me well no thanks I'm f----ing changing this.That's their perogative. But how they have the audacity to try to get everyone else to share their views. "Misery loves company" after all and most of these screwed up people are so miserable but try to get others to believe an d conceive of their masked over happiness. It's when people say "ih u don't eat pork and are all upset over it and I say why do u have a problem with me not eating it when I don't have a problem with you consuming of the foul Sh--. What a screwed up place is the USA. And they're trying to get the rest of the owrld to be f---ed up like them. It takes a strong,independent mind to fight the forces (Shaitan) that are out there trying to dreg us all to the lowest ebb of animalism or worst. I don't even want to disgrace animals with thAT DESCRIPTION BECAUSE THEY HAVE MORE SENSE THEN WE DO WHEN IT COMES TO KEEPING IT REAL. Don't let those people use their weaknesses to influence your decisions. That's all it is they so weak that Shaitan laughs cause they easy pickins.Be strong and don't forget to look up sometimes it's always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete