Friday, June 5, 2009

Ignorance is bliss...


Ironic how this was in the newspaper after having a conversation with a friend about how I wasn't really feeling Kanye West. I don't want to take away from what the guy has done for himself. I just find it very difficult to witness someone with so much self-proclaimed intelligence act like a fool. After his mother passed, I saw an immediate transition in the way that Kanye acts. I know his mom was the most important thing to him, so I'm sure he went on a "spiritual journey" when recording "808's and Heartbreaks". I just feel like he's been more of a disappointment, than someone who has used his platform for the betterment of his people. Of course, this is all just my opinion. When I state my opinion, I'm not a "hater". I'm just being honest. Yes, hip-hop has always been about MC's talking about how fly they were. That's part of it. But that's also part of the craft...not part of their everyday, all day lifestyle...if you're really that dope, dude, you don't have to keep telling everybody that. Humble yourself. Come back down to Earth, and maybe speak to women about the effects of plastic surgery. Maybe mentor a child and show him how to get into production. Maybe stop talking about how much money you got, what labels you're wearing, and how everyone's on your jock. In his track, "Goldigger", he says, "and when he get on, he'll leave your ass for a white girl." Trying to be funny and talk about all the rest of them. Crazy thing about it is that "Mr. Gayfish" was just seen perusing through the world with his new, white, barely legal girlfriend...who surprisingly enough was a stripper. Of course, again, he took the "credit" for getting her out of that. Just shut your mouth, read a book, and stop thinking you're the greatest, dude. There are so many other artists out there before and after your time that deserve more credit than you do. And you don't hear them bragging constantly about how great they are. They did it for the love...you? I don't know what you're on...but it's not cute anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment