Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Emerald City...

What can I say? Flew into Seattle on Wednesday morning, and although it took a little time ( a few hours), I have definitely fallen in love with this city. The music, the art, the culture, the people, architecture...foliage. So much to appreciate. Considering I've been on the run lately, Seattle has forced me to slow down...take it easy...enjoy life. I'm sure that I won't be able to cover everything that I'd like to, but I'm doing my best to update you on travels, business, and some cool stuff to do if you should happen to find yourself traveling here.

One thing that I really appreciate is the fact that corporations have not completely taken over. Of course there are those big businesses here that can't be avoided, but all in all, this is the place to be if you want to start a creative venture of your own. So many great people...so many great shops. I find myself waking up early daily, eager to go and explore something new.

I do love me some Capitol Hill. Although it's going through its transformation, it has yet to become as gentrified as areas such as Belltown. Went to the bar where Kurt Cobain was last seen alive, and the energy was a bit eerie. Not eerie in a bad way, but more along the lines that you could feel his energy in the room. I know some of you may think it's a little crazy, but for those of you that know and believe, you understand where I'm coming from.

I've found myself wandering through alleys taking pictures, talking to a lot of the homeless (they usually have some good stories to tell, if you're willing to look beyond the surface). I feel as though everyday I'm learning something new, not just about this city...about myself. The people have been so warm and welcoming. It hasn't been a problem to meet new people...from all walks of life. I'm a firm believer that you have to experience both sides of the scope in order to really appreciate where you are at any given moment. The contrasts...the affluence and the poverty...black and white (and all races, colors, creeds in between)...love and war...love and hate...east and west...men and women...concrete jungles and vast open land...the rat race and easy living...you know where I'm going.

I cannot be more grateful to have the opportunity to travel, network and create...build bridges...converse on a level that most aren't even interested in discussing...the selflessness...Seattle, I love you...

1 comment:

  1. You know I have a news feed of your posts on my website right? BLESS! :D

    ReplyDelete